“The Illinois State Board of Education’s Safe and Drug Free Schools Program supports the administration of the Illinois Youth Survey (IYS). The IYS is a valuable resource for the state, district and school building levels. The data obtained through the IYS assists with planning, grant applications and reporting. We look forward to working in partnership with the IYS contractor, the Center for Prevention Research and Development.”
~Christopher Koch, Ed.D.
State Superintendent of Education
The Illinois Youth Survey...
- Is FREE to all Illinois schools (grades 6,8,10 and 12)
- Provides data on drug use, bullying, depression, school climate and much more
- Allows schools to include up to 30 questions of their choice
- Is available in English and Spanish
- Can be administered in paper/pencil format or online
- Includes easy-to-use, individual school reports
- Is funded by the Illinois Department of Human Services and supported by the Illinois State Board of Education